Mon, 3 January 2022
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about our favorite music of 1988.
- Recorded while driving to Trillium Brewing in Canton, Mass.
- In 1988, Jay turned 21 and Phil turned 19
- Jay: 21st birthday was pretty rough
- Phil tells tales of good decision-making
- Jay's long, strange trip to the Monsters of Rock show: Long drive, short show
- Big year for pop artists on the charts
- Phil's Whitesnake story
- Big soundtracks: Cocktail, Dirty Dancing
- Phil's non-top 5 albums: Keith Richards, Mudhoney, Jerry Harrison, Jane's Addiction, Cowboy Junkies, Brian Wilson, Smithereens, Smiths, Pogues, Waterboys, Dinosaur Jr., Tracy Chapman, Public Enemy, Traveling Wilburys
- Jay's non-top 5s: Fishbone, Bobby Brown, Iron Maiden, Robert Plant, The Church, Metallica
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.