Tue, 21 June 2022
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of the first half of 2022.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky World HQ
- Breitling's laptop is acting up
- Concerts are mostly back
- Kate Bush sees a resurgence in popularity
- R.I.P., the iPod
- RL Mathews discovers the new stuff
- Breitling's honorable mentions: Graveyard Club, David West, Big Cream, Peaness, Golden Apples, Stomptalk Modstone, Pillow Queens, Pinchpoints, Flash Hits
- Kumar's HMs: Papercuts, Kurt Vile, Savak, Sasami, Kids on a Crime Spree, Yard Act, Adulkt Life, Mister Goblin, Psychedelic Porn Crumpets, Elvis Costello
- Good reissues from Pavement and the Flashing Lights
- Kumar's #10: Pink Mountaintops bring the psych/sludge/synth pop
- Breitling's #10: Lo Fi Legs, a musical band with a terrible name and good indie rock
- Kumar's #9: Dan Bejar brings a little more danceability to the latest Destroyer joint
- Kumar's #8: Jon Spencer's back with a fun record
- Breitling's #8: Spiritualized is worth repeat listening
- Kumar's #7: Wet Leg proves they're not a one-trick pony
- Breitling's #7: Tremendous release from Pet Fox, featuring doods from Ovlov and Palehound
- Breitling's #6: Yawners with the Spanish indie rock
- Kumar's #6: Moody change of pace from Fontaines D.C.
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.