Tue, 4 April 2017
This week, it's my conversation with guest Christian Douglass as we discuss what life would be like without the Internet.
- Recorded on the road in a snowstorm
- What if the Internet went away?
- Back to mid-'90s technology
- We'd have to talk to each other
- Generational dip
- The Lou Grant Revolt
- We'd lost a lot of conveniences
- The kids and the promposals
- People are constantly glued to their phones
- We need the Internet
- Social media has replaced a lot of actual human interaction
- Phantom thumb
- TV and radio would be more important
- Making conclusions based on just the headline
- Library book etiquette
- The drive home
- Things could get bad
- Economy would tank
- Overcoming the dependency
- Not necessarily life or death
- Instant info gratification
- Are we ready to get primal?
- Taking a timeout
- Addictive by design
- Kids would have a tough time
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.