Tue, 9 April 2013
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion about our narcissistic society. I've also got the Bonehead of the Week and music from Thee Oh Sees, Fidlar, The Kills and Drive Like Jehu.
- Anybody can have a show or self-publish a book
- Everybody's a photojournalist now
- Online commenters are the worst
- Talk radio callers are moving online
- Onion AV Club comment sections can be great
- Matt: Arguing on the Internet makes everyone dumber
- So easy to hit "send"
- Begging for RTs from celebs on Twitter is pathetic
- The ridiculousness of Google Glass
- How much information do you really need?
- Can you watch a movie or TV show without checking your phone?
- Staying off social media to avoid spoilers
- The need to live tweet TV shows
- The moviegoing experience sucks
- Matt can go entire days without dealing with a live human
- Bonehead of the Week
Fidlar - Gimme Something
The Kills - Future Starts Slow
Drive Like Jehu - Caress
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Thee Oh Sees song is on the album Floating Coffin on Castle Face Records. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The Fidlar song is on the band's self-titled album on Mom + Pop. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The Kills song is on the album Blood Pressures on Domino Records. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The Drive Like Jehu song is on the band's self-titled album on Cargo. Download the song for free at Epitonic.