Tue, 24 October 2017
This week, it's part 1 of my discussion with Phil Stacey about albums that changed our lives.
- Phil: At age 6-7, hearing older kids listening to Aerosmith
- Heard a lot of easy listening music
- Had a music-loving uncle who introduced him to the Who, Hendrix, Talking Heads
- Jay: Listened to AM rock station in Toronto
- Bought 45s of Queen, Cheap Trick, Joe Jackson
- Phil: U2's Boy was a huge album for me
- Jay: Got Glen Campbell's Rhinestone Cowboy
- Zeppelin got me into rock
- B-52s were revolutionary
- You can't make your kids love your music
- Jay: First rock album I bought was Supertramp's Breakfast in America
- Phil: Revolver was a pivotal Beatles album
- Jay: Got into early '80s hard rock
- Rush's Moving Pictures was a big one
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.