Tue, 26 July 2016
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling about our favorite music of the first half of 2016.
- Biggest trend so far: Death
- A whole generation of musicians is in senior citizen territory
- Ticketmaster settlement is as useless as TM normally is
- "Stairway to Heaven" lawsuit ended the right way
- Breitling plays law-talking guy
- Tidal tries to start its own bidding war
- Ultimate strategy is to get paid and get out
- The free tier for streaming services will eventually go away
- Bandcamp's iffy stats
- Breitling's not-quite-top-10: New Dog, Horse Jumper of Love, Guillermo Sexo, Gold Muse, California Snow Story, Yr Poetry
- Kumar's bubbling under list: Radiohead, Ty Segall, Modern Baseball, Future of the Left, Halfsour, Used Cassettes
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.