Tue, 29 March 2016
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1999.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's new podcast Input/Output
- Brian's bubbling under picks: The Microphones, Tom Waits, Foo Fighters, Frank Black, The Roots, American Football
- Jay: Sheila Divine, Wilco, Matthew Sweet, Guided by Voices, White Stripes, Ben Folds Five, Sebadoh
- Wanted: A Bob Pollard curator
- Brian's #5
- Matt Sharp goes for a bigger rock sound
- Jay's #5
- The Lips go symphonic
- Big change from early guitar-driven stuff
- Brian's #4
- Wilco moves away from Americana sound
- Jay's #4
- Frank Black keeps cranking out winners
- Pixies are working on a new album
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.