Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 2004.
- In 2004, Jay became a father for the second time, was a diaper-changing machine
- Phil got married, saw the Red Sox and Patriots become champions
- Jay: Got an iPod, downloaded a ton of music
- Pixies reunited, Phish broke up
- Many bands take hiatuses
- The tale of Mr. Jimmy
- William Hung becomes famous
- Phil's non-top 5s: Wilco, Black Keys, Beastie Boys, Patterson Hood, Umphrey's McGee, the Killers, Green Day, Twilight Singers, Eagles of Death Metal, PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand, TV On the Radio, Tragically Hip
- Phil invents new words
- Green Day rejuvenates itself
- Jay's non-top 5s: The Walkmen, Death From Above 1979
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.