Tue, 21 December 2021
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our top albums of 2021.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky World HQ
- On to the top 10
- Breitling's #10: The Reds, Pinks and Purples with an ephemeral pop release on Slumberland
- Kumar's #10: Raw collection of rippers from Juliana Hatfield
- Breitling's #9 and Kumar's #8: Instant classic from Ovlov
- Kumar's #9: IDLES shifts gears with some stylistic changes
- Breitling's #8: Chime School with a quality jangle-rock album
- Breitling's #7: More Slumberland goodness from the Umbrellas
- Kumar's #7: St. Vincent digs into a late '70s vibe
- Breitling's #6: Toronto's Ducks Ltd. with an excellent Feelies-esque record
- Kumar's #5: Baltimore hardcore screamers Turnstile explores different sounds
- Breitling's #4 and Kumar's #2: Dino Jr. continues to kick ass
- Kumar's #4: Kiwi Jr. is another Toronto act working the '90s slacker rock vibe
- Breitling's #3: MBV-esque shoegaze from Fleeting Joys
- Kumar's #3: Parquet Courts moves into danceable Talking Heads territory
- Breitling's #2 and Kumar's #6: The War on Drugs fully embraces a mid-80s FM radio sound
- Breitling's #1: Blue Ocean with a shoegaze/post punk compilation of two EPs
- Kumar's #1 and Breitling's #5: More Bay Area-based slack-rock awesomeness with Pardoner
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.