Tue, 29 June 2021
It's part 2 of my in-person conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of 2021 so far.
- Recorded at CompCon World HQ
- Still with the fan noise
- Kumar's bubbling under picks (aka "Bubblahs"): Lots of cool UK post-punk (Black Country, New Road; Squid; Yard Act; Sleaford Mods; TV Priest,; Dry Cleaning), The Hold Steady, Mdou Moctar, Guardian Singles,Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, Teenage Fanclub, Iceage, McCartney, Ex-Hyena, Fridge Poetry, Glitterer, The Dirty Nil
- Breitling: We're living in Blade Runner/cyberpunk times
- Regional lingo
- Minor sax resurgence
- Difference of opinions on The Weeknd
- Breitling's #10: Stomp Talk Modstone with a collection of Chinese shoegaze
- Kumar's #10: An EP of lost songs from The Tragically Hip's 1991 Road Apples sessions
- Breitling's #9: Floating Points/Pharoah Sanders/London Symphony Orchestra with a cool collab
- Kumar's #9: Shame's second release is full of fun, fiery post-punk
- Breitling's #8: Fog Lake with a droning take on isolation
- Kumar's #8: Striking collab between Ellen Kempner of Palehound and Melina Duterte of Jay Som
- Breitling's #7: Palberta puts it all together
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.