Tue, 23 February 2021
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss life after close to a year in pandemic lockdown.
- Tough to not see friends
- Matt runs Dungeons & Dragons games via Zoom
- Surprising number of people are into D&D
- It's a good escape from the world
- Like a weekly therapy session
- Companies use D&D for corporate retreats
- Games have grown in popularity during the pandemic
- Jay: We started playing a family dominoes game every Saturday
- Jay: Played the board game Pandemic years ago
- The CDC's zombie announcement
- People will run toward the zombies
- Going to movies seems so far away
- Jay: Like going to concerts, don't love going to movies
- Tough time to be a theater actor
- Miss going to bars
- Will masks stick around after the pandemic ends?
- Toilet paper hoarders
- Matt ordered TP last April; it arrived in October
- Waiting for normalcy
- Matt: Look forward to seeing nieces and nephews again
- Want to do activities involving other humans
- We miss traveling
- Jay: Wasn't overly disappointed to not go to a June work conference in Phoenix
- Matt hated getting ready to go places, but liked it once he got there
- When you can't find parking during a pandemic
- Some people don't care about doing the right thing
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts and anywhere else you get podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.