Tue, 31 October 2017
This week, it's part 2 of my discussion with Phil Stacey about albums that changed our lives.
- Jay: Was a nerdy kid who listened to music all the time
- Phil liked college rock, but never got the Violent Femmes
- Jay: Loved Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the day, but can't stand them now
- Back and forth on the Eagles and Doors
- Of Linda Ronstadt and Barney Gumbel
- Grunge makes an impact
- Alt-rock: Peter Gabriel, R.E.M., U2
- Phil: Big Smiths fan
- The first Pretenders album is a classic
- Neil Young's '80s odyssey
- Phil loves the Dead
- Jay: Got into funk and jazz in late '90s (P-Funk, James Brown, Miles Davis, Coltrane)
- Phil: Listened to Beck's Sea Change a lot after getting divorced
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.