Tue, 27 October 2015
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Mike Heyliger as we discuss the trials and tribulations of moving.
- Jay: Haven't moved since 2000, but moved a lot in the '80s and '90s
- TVs used to be a lot bigger and heavier
- People used to always move around September 1
- Jay: Used to borrow the newspaper delivery van for moves
- Mike: Upcoming move back to New York will be like going to a different place
- Narrowed list down to a handful of cities to settle down in
- Mike: Currently conveniently located near Boston-area clubs
- Watertown is a quiet community, but Boston Marathon bomber was caught there
- Tough times for journalism majors
- Mike: Took a while to get used to earlier Boston closing times
- It's easier to stay out super late when you're younger
- Drunken work parties are always interesting
- You don't want to be the drunk one
- Alcohol-fueled fun can lead to awkwardness at work
- Mike: Been working from home for several years
- Looking forward to separating work from home life
- It's tough being the person on the other end of the speaker phone
- Mike: New office will have an open floor plan
- You have to be conscious of people around you in an open office
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.