Tue, 5 May 2015
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling about whether songs have an expiration date.
- Critical writing about rock musicians is important and rare
- The corruptness of Rolling Stone reviews
- Songs that focus on obsolete technology
- Songs you like at first but grow to hate
- The problem with Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Goo Goo Dolls, Soul Asylum started strong but sucked later
- JK: U2 was once my favorite band, but not anymore
- The Strokes fizzled after a strong debut
- JK: Listen to a lot of top 40 thanks to kids
- Tidal and Pono
- Different relationship with music today
- Classic rock stations now include and overplay music from the '90s
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.