Tue, 23 September 2014
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion about society's obsession with celebrity. I've also got music from SW/MM/NG, Gold-Bears and Weekend.
- The Brits love them some Arctic Monkeys
- Matt learns how to do Twitter
- Getting followed by dead authors and weirdos
- Desperate for celeb RTs
- Positive Twitter interactions
- Jay: Old friend has been writing about celebrities for a few decades now
- PR jobs require a different mindset
- Meeting your heroes can be problematic
- Searching for Jagger
- In the presence of Howard
- Rock star deaths
- Dying young does wonders for an artist's legacy
- Brando's death isn't well remembered...by Matt, anyway
- How dumb would we be if we had money?
SW/MM/NG - Some Dreams Come True
Gold-Bears - From Tallahassee to Gainesville
Weekend - Hazel
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The SW/MM/NG song is on the album Feel Not Bad on Old Flame Records. Download the song for free from KEXP.
The Gold-Bears song is on the album Dalliance on Slumberland Records. Download the song for free as part of the Slumberland Records 25th Anniversary Sampler on Amazon MP3.
The Weekend song is on the EP Red on Slumberland Records.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.