Tue, 5 November 2013
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss horror flicks and rooting for the bad guy. I've also got the Bonehead of the Week and music from Fu Manchu, Pissed Jeans and JEFF the Brotherhood.
- Movies we watched before we were ready
- Jay: Psycho at age 8
- Matt: Monster movies always freaked him out
- The reinvention of Jackie Earle Haley
- Swamp Thing vs. Man-Thing
- Sympathizing with unsympathetic characters
- Liam Neeson is the new Charles Bronson
- Watch out for giant deformed hillbillies
- Cool TV shows that didn't last long
- American Horror Story is pretty wacky
- Bates Motel is good
- Rooting for the charismatic bad guy: Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, Loki
- Bad guy roles are more fun to play
- Watching crappy movies like 2012
- Amazing acting on In Treatment
- The varied and great career of the Coen Brothers
- Cormac McCarthy, horror writer?
- Stephen King keeps adding to old books
- Matt wearing clown makeup freaks people out
- People like to be scared
- Bonehead of the Week
Fu Manchu - Robotic Invasion
Pissed Jeans - Cathouse
JEFF the Brotherhood - Melting Place
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Fu Manchu song is on the EP Scion AV Presents Fu Manchu and Moab. Download the song for free at Soundcloud.
The Pissed Jeans song is on the album Honeys on Sub Pop. Download the song for free at SubPop.com.
The JEFF the Brotherhood song is on the compilation Garage Swim. Download the song for free at Adult Swim.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.