Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 1999.
- In '99, Jay turned 32, Phil turned 30
- Y2K was looming
- Phil got married, Jay got engaged
- Ireland on New Year's Eve
- Pop was on the upswing
- Nu metal and Woodstock 99
- Music sales were high, but MP3s were about to take a big bite
- Santana made a huge comeback
- Phil's non top 5 albums: Magnolia soundtrack, Sleater-Kinney, White Stripes, Wilco, Sheila Divine, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Moby, Red Hot Chili Peppers,
- The pickings were slim overall in '99
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.