Tue, 24 May 2022
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about our favorite music of 1992.
- In 1992, Jay turned 25, Phil turned 23
- We both worked at local newspapers
- The so-called grunge explosion kicked into full gear
- Jay: Saw lots of great shows, including Lollapallooza, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" was back on the singles chart thanks to Wayne's World
- Metal was phasing out
- Keeping the band brand going
- Jay's non-top 5s: Afghan Whigs, Sloan, Rollins Band, Black Crowes
- Phil's non-top 5s: Luscious Jackson, Phish, Lemonheads, Cracker, PJ Harvey, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Lou Reed, Sonic Youth, Bettie Serveert, Mudhoney
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.