Tue, 29 March 2022
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about our favorite music of 1990. Listen to the episode below or download directly (right click and "save as").
- Recorded in person at CompCon World HQ
- In '90, Jay turned 23 and Phil turned 21
- Phil's short career in foodservice
- Jay was a newspaper reporter in Peabody, Mass.
- Controversies over 2 Live Crew, Milli Vanilli and Madonna
- Lots of scenes happening: Alternative, New Jack Swing, Madchester, Seattle
- The era of the Jock Jam
- Albums that didn't make Phil's top 5: Uncle Tupelo, Allman Brothers, Pretenders, Living Colour, Breeders, Alice in Chains, Mother Love Bone, Pixies, World Party, Happy Mondays, Ride, Mazzy Star, Sundays, Cowboy Junkies, Replacements, INXS, Social Distortion, Bob Mould, Black Crowes
- Questions around the November Rain video (which came out in '91)
- Jay's non-top 5s: Afghan Whigs, Flaming Lips, Midnight Oil, Mark Lanegan, Robert Plant
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.
Direct download: CC_585_032922.mp3
Category:Completely Conspicuous -- posted at: 10:14pm EDT