Tue, 8 February 2022
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about our favorite music of 1989.
- Recorded via Zoom during a blizzard
- Our top 5 albums of '89
- Phil's #5: Tom Petty finds renewed success with a solo album
-Jay's #5 and Phil's #4: Nirvana's sludgy debut hints at future success
- Jay's #4: The Beasties go sample crazy and blow up the sophomore slump
- Phil's #3: Phish with an auspicious debut
- Jay had a run-in with a pre-fame Trey Anastasio at the UNH newspaper
- Jay's #2: Bob Mould shifts gears in his solo debut and launches new phase in his career
- Phil's #2 and Jay's #1: Pixies follow up a stone cold classic with another one
- Phil's #1 and Jay's #3: Neil Young triumphs after a rough decade
- Favorite songs: "Hangin' on a Limb" (Phil), "Wave of Mutilation" (Jay)
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.
Direct download: CompCon_584_020822.mp3
Category:Completely Conspicuous -- posted at: 7:12pm EDT