Tue, 26 October 2021
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we discuss rock stars and retirement.
- Recorded recently via Skype
- David Lee Roth recently announced his retirement
- Should more aging rock stars retire?
- Robert Plant isn't trying to be the Golden God anymore
- Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford can still deliver high-energy metal performances
- Shut it down, Clapton
- Ozzy's been doing retirement tours for 30 years
- KISS keeps playing "final" tours
- DLR actually predicted his retirement in a 1991 video
- Jay: Never saw Dave play with VH
- VH changed the hard rock game
- Dave and Sammy are different kinds of clowns
- Dave only did a few solo albums after 1991
- DLR's image radically changed as his looks did
- Bands keep touring into their 70s and 80s
- Grant Hart looked pretty rough toward the end of his life, but kept touring
- Similar to athletes who don't know when to hang it up
- Ringo Starr has the right idea: Let the young guys do the heavy lifting
- Ozzy and Sharon have issues with writing credits
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts and anywhere else you get podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.