Tue, 14 September 2021
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 1986.
- Recorded in the backyard of CompCon HQ
- Jay was 18 going on 19 in '86, Phil was 16 going on 17
- Nine of the top 10 selling albums of '86 came out the year before
- Older artists make comebacks
- Pop and hair metal were big
- Boston finally released its third album
- Phil's non-top 5s: Talking Heads, Smithereens, Prince, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, XTC, Bad Brains, Gene Loves Jezebel, Love and Rockets, World Party, Dead Milkmen, B-52s, Luka Bloom, Feelies, Joe Jackson, Pet Shop Boys, Sonic Youth, Rolling Stones, Dylan, Steve Earle, DLR
- Jay's non-top 5s: David & David, Peter Gabriel, Iron Maiden
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.
Direct download: CompCon_573_091421.mp3
Category:Completely Conspicuous -- posted at: 11:17pm EDT