Tue, 6 July 2021
Part 3 of my in-person conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of 2021 so far.
- Recorded at CompCon World HQ
- Still with the fan noise
- Kumar's #7: Sleaford Mods with perennially pissed off minimalist post-punk
- Breitling's #6: Multi-instrumentalist Colleen with hypnotic ambient album
- Kumar's #6: More IDLES-y post-punk from across the pond with TV Priest
- Breitling's #4: More Slumberland bedroom pop goodness from the Reds, Pinks and Purples
- Kumar's #5: St. Vincent goes for a late '70s Bowie vibe
- Kumar's #4: Jeff Rosenstock revisits his ska-punk roots with a remake of his 2020 album No Dream
- Breitling's #3: Blue Ocean with release combining two EPs of shoegaze
- Kumar's #3: Excellent guitar-heavy ripper from Juliana Hatfield
- Breitling's #2: Pardoner with a hot rock release reminiscent of Pavement and Parquet Courts
- Kumar's #1 and Breitling's #5: Kiwi Jr.'s second release of sardonic slacker rock
- Breitling's #1 and Kumar's #2: Dinosaur Jr. with a great collection of songs
- Let's go see rock shows!
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.