Wed, 23 June 2021
It's part 1 of my in-person conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of 2021 so far.
- Recorded at CompCon World HQ
- Apologies for the loudness of the fan! Pretend you're skydiving!
- First time together since December 2019
- Kumar: Check out Mdou Moctar, West African guitarist on Matador
- Rollins and his listening habits
- Breitling: Watching a lot of rock docs
- Concerts are coming back and we're going to some
- Oh great, the Eagles are touring again
- Plenty of reissues out; gotta make money somehow
- Streaming continues to be the main way to listen to music
- Remembering the days of the Walkman and then later MP3 players that held 8 songs
- Breitling's still producing a weekly radio show called Parcheesi Redux
- Internet radio shows and podcasts are filling the gap left by commercial radio's stagnancy
- I'm still doing my radio show Stuck In Thee Garage on BFF.fm
- Breitling's bubbling under picks: Lilys reissues, Mogwai, Fievel Is Glauque, Spirit of the Beehive
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.