Tue, 30 March 2021
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey as we discuss the music of 1983.
- Recorded via Zoom
- Jay was 15, Phil was 13 in '83
- Jay: Moved to NH from WA halfway through the year
- Was pleasantly surprised by the variety of radio stations in Boston area
- First year CDs went on sale in the U.S.
- The U.S. Festival made a splash that summer
- KISS took off their makeup
- The Police had the #1 song of the year
- Some good pop songs among the top 100 singles
- Phil's non-top 5 albums: Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Billy Idol, Dio, Bowie, Huey Lewis, Yes, Neil Young, Madonna, the Fixx, the Police, ZZ Top, Rolling Stones, B-52s, Genesis
- Jay's extremely brief time in a band
- Jay's non-top 5s: Robert Plant, Metallica, Kinks, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ozzy Osbourne
Completely Conspicuous is available through Apple Podcasts. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.