Tue, 30 August 2016
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1995.
- Recorded live from Brian's back porch in Ringwood, NJ
- Check out Brian's podcast Input/Output
- Brian's #2
- Rentals' debut is on par with Weezer's best
- Brian's #3 and Jay's #2
- Jay: Saw Foo Fighters' first tour, opening for Mike Watt
- Foo debut came out of nowhere
- Grohl released a solo album a few years earlier
- First two Foo albums are standouts
- The problem with Audioslave
- Gord Downie goes out doing what he loves
- Radiohead's The Bends just missed both our lists
- Brian's #1 and Jay's #3
- Mike Watt called in every favor he could
- GBV's Alien Lanes dropped out of Jay's top 5
- Chock full o' good songs
- Jay's #1
- PJ Harvey expands her sound beyond guitar rock
- Next up: 1985
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.