Tue, 16 February 2016
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1983.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's new podcast Input/Output
- Jay: Talking Heads, Robert Plant, Billy Idol, X, Motorhead, The Fixx, The Kinks
- Lemmy and Brian Robertson didn't get along
- "Come Dancing" is a great pop song
- Brian's #5
- First exposure to Bowie music
- Greg Dulli's great take on "Modern Love"
- Binging on Bowie
- Jay's #5
- The Police go out on top...and fighting
- The Sting and Peter Gabriel tour could be interesting...or bad
- Brian's #4
- The interesting story of Daniel Johnston
- Jay's #4
- The American breakthrough for U2
- Jay: U2 was my favorite band through some of the '80s
- Recent Paris concert was pretty good
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.