Tue, 26 January 2016
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss short attention spans.
- Order Matt's book The Entropy of Everything: The Indestructibles Book 3
- Spending too much time in front of screens
- Much harder to get through long articles nowadays
- How many words are worth $1?
- Looking at phone is how we kill time
- Smoking made Matt more social
- A generation of socially inept people
- Binge-watching TV requires more attention
- Longer network TV seasons seem so much longer now
- The Punisher is a tough character to get right
- Hell hath no fury like a nerd upset over something stupid
- Gotta pay attention when there are subtitles
- Anime moves too fast
- Audiences can't deal with slow scenes any more
- As a writer, Matt writes shorter chapters
- Short attention span applies to music listening
- Matt: If I had an iPhone as a kid, I would never have read a book
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.