Tue, 19 January 2016
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss short attention spans.
- Order Matt's book The Entropy of Everything: The Indestructibles Book 3
- The inevitable joke
- MP: The more novels I write, the shorter my attention span gets
- Live-tweeting TV shows takes some effort
- Trace back to quick cuts in MTV videos of the early '80s
- Wireless Internet has sped up the attention decline
- Twitter mulls expanding character limit to 10,000
- The fine art of crafting an effective tweet
- News of Bowie's death spread fast on social media
- What a way to go out, leaving a great piece of art behind
- It's hard to sustain a long career these days
- How to teach your kids about music
- Dumbo doesn't hold up
- Matt: New Star Wars is an homage to the original, but much faster
- So much more dialog in TV shows now
- HBO's In Therapy was different because much of it was just two people talking
- Elmore Leonard mastered economical writing
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.