Tue, 10 November 2015
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss the problem with research studies.
- Order Matt's book The Entropy of Everything: The Indestructibles Book 3
- Surviving Halloween in Salem
- Endless barrage of studies
- You can find a study to prove just about any point
- Pick and choose the result you want
- Going down the WebMD wormhole
- Studies get picked up by mass media
- People don't verify the research, just pass it on
- Morning TV shows are an empty void
- Study says processed meat causes cancer
- The research-industrial complex
- Watch out for Big Vegetable
- The folly of the Farmer's Almanac
- The influence of pharma companies on research studies
- Too much TV as a child dident make us dumm
- Rarely watch TV now without social media interruptions
- Studies don't change behavior
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.
Direct download: CompCon_397_111015.mp3
Category:Completely Conspicuous -- posted at: 6:24pm EDT