Tue, 18 March 2014
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss whether the world is getting dumber. I've also got music from Johnny Foreigner, Spray Paint and Pampers.
- Guy got fired after calling in sick and then posting video on YouTube
- Another guy made it with a cow and had a buddy film it
- Reality TV rewards dumbasses
- It's a lazy Buzzfeed world
- Beard transplants? Really?
- Pre-ripped jeans
- There's still good rock music out there
- In praise of Mark Knopfler
- Bravo, dude who came up with Shit My Dad Says
- Medical bills are obscene
- Selling your old junk
- The bottom fell out of the sports card market
- We fall for stupid memes designed to rile people up
- Outrage culture
- We're all dumb
Johnny Foreigner - Stop Talking About Ghosts
Spray Paint - Spock Fingers
Pampers - Guts
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Johnny Foreigner song is on the album You Can Do Better on Alcopop! Records. Download the song for free at Bandcamp.
The Spray Paint and Pampers songs were recorded live on the Cherry Blossom Clinic on WFMU. Download the songs for free at Free Music Archive.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.