Tue, 24 December 2013
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of 2013. I've also got music from Los Campesinos!, Superchunk and Krill.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky World HQ
- JK's #6
- New Bowie album was kept secret until it came out
- Cover art's either brilliant or lazy...or both
- JB's #5
- Los Campesinos! perserveres through lineup changes
- JK's #5
- The Chunk keeps bringing the rock
- Jon Wurster's the busiest guy in rock
- R.I.P., The Best Show on WFMU
- JB's #4
- The long-awaited MBV album
- Getting the album was a chore
- Kevin Shields took his time
- JK's #4
- Strong leap forward for Speedy Ortiz
- New EP on the way
- Memories of Epitonic
- JB's #3
- Veronica Falls' album sounds like a singles comp
- JK's #3
- Back to Philly with Kurt Vile
- Vile was a frequent guest on The Best Show
- JK's #2
- Krill first released album on USB stick in ball of mozzarella
- JB: My default setting is to hate everything
- JK's #2
- Arctic Monkeys' sound has evolved
- Went from punk to stoner rock to catchier R&B feel
- Very English band
- To be continued
Los Campesinos! - What Death Leaves Behind
Superchunk - FOH
Krill - Never a Joke
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Los Campesinos song is on the album No Blues on Wichita Recordings. Download the song for free at Soundcloud.
The Superchunk song is on the I Hate Music on Merge Records. Download the song for free as part of the Merge Records Summer Sampler 2013 on Amazon.
The Krill song is on the band's self-released album Lucky Leaves. Download the song for free at Gimme Tinnitus.