Tue, 21 May 2013
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling as we discuss the new Lilys tribute compilation he curated. I've also got the Bonehead of the Week and music from Pet Milk, Infinity Girl and The Weaks.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky world HQ
- JB's writing for new music site Vanyaland
- Breitling's second compilation; first one came out a year ago
- Comp's called And I Forgot a Long Time Ago How You Feel
- Covers of early period Lilys songs
- Found bands from Boston and beyond who were Lilys fans
- Would have liked to do this comp first
- Great response to Nofuckingwhere, the first comp
- Ride's management contacted JB
- Future .38 Special comp?
- Shout out to our good friend Mike Piantigini
- Why aren't we getting free beer?
- JB also organized a great benefit show last November
- Starting to plan next benefit for Community Servings
- JB's doing some promo for the comp
- Hasn't talked to Lilys leader Kurt Heasley about the comp
- Last four songs come from album Eccsome the Photon Band
- Would have liked to include some rare tracks
- Get it at Clicky Clicky
- To be continued
- Bonehead of the Week
Infinity Girl - Claire Hates Me
The Weaks - Elsa
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The songs from Pet Milk, Infinity Girl and The Weaks are available on the compilation And I Forgot a Long Time Ago How You Feel. Download the comp exclusively at ClickyClickyMusic.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.