Mon, 28 January 2013
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss our angry society. I've also got the Bonehead of the Week and music from The Joy Formidable, Bad Religion, Screaming Females and Titus Andronicus.
- Recorded at Chez Phillion, Salem, Mass.
- Matt and his siblings got the angry gene
- Be nice to your crazy co-workers
- Copycat wackos
- Blaming the videogames and Hollywood
- Violent movies don't necessarily make you violent
- When you recognize the bank robber
- Matt's been shot at before
- It's unrealistic to think guns are going away
- Who's paranoid? Not us.
- Talk radio is another forum for angry people
- The 2nd Amendment
- Universal healthcare gets people angry
- "People aren't totally shitbags"
- High-powered hunting
- Matt's advocating for an asteroid to wipe us out
- Bonehead of the Week
Bad Religion - True North
Screaming Females - Poison Arrow
Titus Andronicus - Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape with the Flood of Detritus
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Joy Formidable song is on the album Wolf's Law on Atlantic. Download it for free at Chromewaves.
The Bad Religion song is on the band's new album True North on Epitaph. Download the song for free at Chromewaves.
The Screaming Females song is on the cassette-only album Chalk Tape on Don Giovanni. Download the song for free from Stereogum.
The Titus Andronicus song is on the album Local Business on XL Recordings. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.