Mon, 7 January 2013
Part 3 of my conversation with guests Jay Breitling and Mike Piantigini as we review our favorite music of 2012. I've also got the Bonehead of the Week and music from Divine Fits, Golden Gurls, Karl Hendricks Trio, Mark Lanegan Band and Paul Westerberg.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky world HQ- Breitling's #3 album of 2012
- Piantigini and Kumar agree on #3
- Stripped down songs
- JB's #2
- Golden Gurls: No relation to Bea Arthur
- MP's #2
- Plenty of Teenage Fanclub activity
- Imagining Breitling as a goth kid
- JK's #2
- The problem with doing covers
- JB's #1
- Piantigini's band Lump once opened for Karl Hendricks Trio
- Metallica owns their own masters
- Bands are now re-recording their classic tracks
- MP's #1 (sort of)
- New Big Dipper album out
- JK's #1
- JB's favorite song of the year
- MP's favorite song
- Westerberg releases material as he records it
- Jason Everman got around
- JK's favorite song
- Breitling's N SYNC sighting
- Trumped by Rock's Destiny's Child sighting
Golden Gurls - I Can See the City
Karl Hendricks Trio - The Men's Room at the Airport
Mark Lanegan Band - The Gravedigger's Song
Paul Westerberg - My Road Now
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Divine Fits song is on the album A Thing Called Divine Fits on Merge Records. Download it for free at Epitonic.
The Golden Gurls song is on the self-released album Typo Magic. Download the entire album for free at Bandcamp.
The Karl Hendricks Trio song is on the album The Adult Section on Comedy Minus One Records. Download the song for free from Comedy Minus One.
The Mark Lanegan Band song is on the album Blues Funeral on 4AD. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The Paul Westerberg song was self-released and is available for free download from Stereogum.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian