Tue, 10 July 2018
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling about our favorite music of the first half of 2018.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky world HQ
- The sudden album drop: Drake, Kanye, Beyonce/Jay Z, Rosenstock
- Who needs major labels?
- Charts are meaningless when the kids just stream music
- Country may be the biggest selling genre right now
- Pop tours are struggling
- The flipside of convenience
- YouTube as last resort for streaming
- The floppy disk as music storage device
- Package tours now mix up genres and eras
- Breitling: "I imagine the Wang is sizable"
- Our favorite music: The bubbling unders...or also-rans
- Breitling: Ben Leiper, Kamasi Washington, Speedy Ortiz, GAS
- Kumar: Ty Segall, Hot Snakes, Screaming Females, La Luz, Poptone, Beach House, Janelle Monae, Painted Doll, Judas Priest
- To be continued
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.