Tue, 4 December 2018
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling about our favorite music of 2018.
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky world HQ
- Featuring special guest/studio audience member Ric Dube
- The decline of rock's popularity
- Album sales are way down
- That time the Melvins hit the Top 200 albums chart
- Apple's going to work with the Amazon Echo soon
- Breitling pays for the Amazon Music "Talky Talky"
- The youths don't pay for physical media anymore
- Ric's family has Spotify, he has dedicated streaming of his own collection
- Modern country is doing big business, relatively speaking
- Pop music is doing well
- Most rock acts make money through touring, not albums
- The Stones are still touring
- Mick and Keith were considered "old" in their mid-30s
- Breitling: The year's music really picked up in the second half
- New Mary Lattimore release is enjoyable
- Ric: Enjoying Brian Eno's latest release, which is a $30 app
- Kumar: Honorable mentions include Tony Molina, Slaves, Thin Lips, Arthur Buck, Buffalo Tom, Joyce Manor, Swearin, Stove, Screaming Females
- Breitling: Master System, Palm, Superchunk, Frankie Cosmos, Kurt Vile
- Next: We count down our top 10 albums
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.