Tue, 14 February 2017
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss Hollywood's love of reboots.
- Check out Matt's book Like a Comet: The Indestructibles Book 4
- Unnecessary reboots
- The Ghostbusters remake was controversial
- Westworld was a hit, but most viewers probably didn't see the original movies
- Michael Crichton's trial by fire as a director
- Channing Tatum is the mermaid in the new version of Splash
- The Rock's in everything
- DC's TV shows are good
- Matt Fraction's comics reimagining of Hawkeye is excellent
- Deadpool is a cavalcade of dick jokes
- Penny Dreadfal mashes up classic horror characters
- Beauty and the Beast live-action remake
- Rebooting in advertising: the Most Interesting Man in the World, Col. Sanders
- Reboot vs. continuation
- The Muppet Babies effect
- The many Punishers
- Taken, the TV show
- Getting manipulated by This Is Us
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.