Tue, 3 January 2017
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Jay Breitling about our favorite indie rock of 2016.
- Kumar's #9
- PUP comes into its own on second album
- Breitling's #8
- A more experimental release from Hallelujah the Hills
- Kumar's #8
- Car Seat Headrest's album had to be recalled thanks to Ric Ocasek
- Breitling's #7
- Preoccupations expanded the sound of their debut (as Viet Cong)
- Dumb band name controversy
- Kumar's #7
- Continuing a triumphant stretch of rock records from Bob Mould
- Defying the effects of age, unlike other aging rockers
- "More barn!"
- The Feelies can't stop/won't stop
- Breitling's #6 will be discussed later
- Kumar's #6
- Parquet Courts is an interesting act that has evolved quickly
- Breitling's #5
- Straight outta Portland, OR
- Lubec adds layers to its sound
- Kumar's #5
- Heavy space rock from Vancouver
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.