Tue, 5 April 2016
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1999.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's new podcast Input/Output
- Brian's #3
- Magnetic Fields play every style of music on 69 Love Songs
- Jay's #3
- Beck funks it up
- Beck stopped experimenting years ago
- Brian's #2
- Brian's favorite Pavement album, but not Jay's
- Band was falling apart
- Jay's #2
- Sloan's concept album...about themselves
- Brian's #1
- Sigur Ros sing in an unidentified language
- Loud, droning orchestral sound
- Jay's #1
- Built to Spill released some epic guitar jams
- Lamenting shows we missed
- Jay: Learned about Built to Spill via Napster
- Next up (in a few months): 1981
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.