Tue, 23 February 2016
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1983.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's new podcast Input/Output
- Brian's #3
- Jonathan Richman forges his own path
- A great year for singles
- Jay's #3
- Metallica helped introduce thrash metal
- Brian's #2
- Post-Eno Talking Heads is still pretty damn good
- Jay's #2
- The Replacements start stretching out their sound
- Don't have high hopes for the GNR tour
- Whither Izzy Stradlin?
- Brian's #1
- Great debut for Violent Femmes
- Jay's #1
- Jay: First heard R.E.M. on their Letterman appearance
- Stipe was still in his shy phase
- Peter Buck's a busy guy
- A lot of beginnings in 1983
- Next up: 1999
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.