Wed, 19 August 2015
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss the art of hype.
- Order Matt's book The Entropy of Everything: The Indestructibles Book 3
- Patreon is a crowdfunding option
- The patronage model
- Kickstarter, Indie GoGo efforts are commonplace
- Matt loves board games
- Contributing to podcasts and radio shows
- Matt's research on dino romance novels
- A Gronk to Remember was a big-selling e-book
- Matt: "People are hot for were-critters"
- Readers like series and formulas
- John Irving always writes the last line first
- Matt: Want to interact with more people to hype books
- The problem with contests
- The vagaries of web traffic
- Nine years, man
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.