Wed, 5 August 2015
Part 1 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss the art of hype and celebrate CompCon's 9th anniversary.
- Pre-order Matt's book The Entropy of Everything: The Indestructibles Book 3
- When your medical professional is younger than you
- It's all about the hype
- Matt was at Boston ComiCon last weekend
- How to effectively hype your stuff online
- Perfecting the pitch
- Geeking out like a fanboy
- Books sell better when you meet people face to face
- One of a handful of authors
- Writing is fun, editing sucks
- Gotta hustle to sell books
- To hype without hyping
- Matt live-tweets superhero shows
- Making friends with people you've never met
- Women 18-40 are Matt's target audience
- Ensemble cast
- Harley the cat wants in
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.