Tue, 28 July 2015
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1997.
- Jay and Brian's #4
- Pavement continues a strong run of records
- Brian's coffee shop
- Jay's #3
- Ben Folds Five breaks through
- Brian's #3 to be discussed later
- Jay's #2
- Built to Spill's guitar pop excellence
- Brian's #2
- Foo Fighters' sophomore album is chock full o' good songs
- Backbeat soundtrack is great
- Jay gets confused
- Jay's #1 and Brian's #3
- Radiohead steps up their game
- Brian's #1
- Ween shows off its chops on The Mollusk
- Next up: 1994
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.