Tue, 26 May 2015
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1982.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's radio show Unsolicited Mixtape
- Jay's #3
- Peter Gabriel's breakthrough
- Exploring dark themes
- Parallels between Eddie Van Halen and John Romita Jr.
- Brian's #2
- Descendents were very relatable to suburban teens
- Bass player was way older than rest of band
- Big influence on '90s pop punk
- Jay's #2
- Prince played 99% of the music on 1999
- Brian's #1
- Bad Brains were unmatched for sheer insanity and awesomeness
- Jay's #1
- Mission of Burma's only full-length during their first stint
- Broke up a year later, reunited nearly two decades later
- Next up: 1997
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.