Tue, 10 March 2015
Part 3 of my conversation with guest Brian Salvatore as we look back at the music of 1993.
- Recorded via Skype
- Check out Brian's radio show Unsolicited Mixtape
- Brian's #3
- Frank Black's first solo effort was a sign of greatness to come
- Some songs were written for the Pixies
- Jay's #3
- PJ Harvey's blistering second album
- Brian's #2
- A "pretty perfect album" from the Lemonheads
- Reality Bites really does bite
- Jay's #2 and Brian's #1
- Nirvana followed up Nevermind with a raw, seething album
- Easy to read a lot into Cobain's state of mind at the time
- Jay's #1
- Jay's intro to the Afghan Whigs
- Already differentiating themselves from their peers
- Dulli's lyrics were really in your face
- Whither Rick McCollum?
- Next up: 1982
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.