Tue, 3 February 2015
Part 2 of my conversation with guest Matt Phillion as we discuss friendship in the digital age. I've also got music from Colleen Green, Radical Dads and Boom Said Thunder.
- Check out Matt's new book, The Indestructibles: Breakout
- Matt stopped working in offices several years ago
- Used to being alone all day
- Going out with friends tends to slow down as you settle down
- Less likely to make the effort to organize group outings
- House parties can be fun
- Young people like Tinder
- Matt used OK Cupid
- Photos can be deceiving
- Blind dates can be rough
- When older parents start texting
- Mom Guilt never ends
- Matt came back to the U.S. because of family
- Jay was ready to move far away after college...and didn't
- Matt: Watching Dancing With the Stars is a family tradition
- "The Fighter" was like "National Geographic: Boston"
- To be continued
Colleen Green - TV
Radical Dads - Don't Go
Boom Said Thunder - Summer Twin
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Colleen Green song is on the album I Want to Grow Up on Hardly Art. Download the song for free at Soundcloud.
The Radical Dads song is on the album Universal Coolers on Old Flame Records. Download the song for free at Soundcloud.
The Boom Said Thunder song is on the EP Summer Twin, which is available for free download at Bandcamp.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blog Clicky Clicky. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.